Wednesday 16 May 2012

What's New in the Kingdom of Random?

Pending the purchase of my new camera ('if only you just did it instead of talking about it all the time!' -thought the public) I used my phone to take pictures of my latest purchases and a few other random things that make me smile.  I don't know about you but having had a wonderfully happy childhood, I simply revel in all things nostalgic!


So nice I bought them twice!


Block heel open toe shoe, not so sure what to call these but I just love them!
I couldn't make up my mind which ones to get but at €16, from Dunnes Stores, I thought I may as well get both! I've been wearing these for days now and still can't get enough of them. Officially my every-day summer shoe (for now)


Me age 4.
If I didn't sound like a dying duck when I sing, I could have auditioned for The Sound Of Music!
(What a poser!) :)
I was desperate for a pair of shoes that clickety clacked like real heels and I used to nag my mother to death to buy me 'noisy shoes'.
I still love the sound of high heels!


I'm all set for the next series of The Killing!
The perfect itchy warm woolly jumper.
€2 from my local charity shop.


Green heels, €30 TK Maxx
Not quite warm enough but I look forward to wearing these!


Print trousers from Zara, €7 on sale.
They only had S & M left and I wasn't too confident about fitting into the smalls so I went for
medium. Happy I did as they fit just right around my thighs and I was able to take the waste in.

My father, my hero!
Dad at age 14.
He showed me the basics of sewing while reupholstering our dinning room chairs when I was 14. I've been sewing ever since and it's been one of the most practical skills I've learned!
Merci Papa! Xx
Breton jumper with suede effect elbow patches.
€11 from Penny's.
The perfect laid back jumper!
Now I'm off to read the boys a book.
All The Children Of The World Say Hello
by Herbert McClure.
The illustrations are beautiful and the kids just love trying to say hello in
all the different languages.
I volunteered at my primary school library when I was young (I much preferred it to spending my recess running around outside) and when they were clearing out books to make room for new ones I got to pick out a few to keep. I'm so glad I did as it's now one of my childrens' favourites!

Have a lovely week!
A la Prochaine!
-Vievie Xx


Doesn't everyone? :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment