Wednesday 20 July 2011

Bargain Wedding Dress

As mentioned in yesterdays blog, I got my wedding dress from Oxfam.  Oxfam George's St Dublin http://www.oxfamireland.org.  The second floor is all wedding dresses and accessories.  You need to ask a member of staff to go up there with you.  Not all the dresses are second hand.  I got married in 2005 and my dress was a dress of that year, still with tags.  It had been in a bridal shop for display and was therefore only worn by me.  The best part is that it was originally 1,600 euro and I purchased it from Oxfam for only 200!  You need to use your imagination a bit as mine was a size 14 and Im a size 8 but I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and did all the changes myself.  However, even if I had not taken it in myself, the cost of having it done by a professional would still make the dress an absolute bargain!
Weddings are expensive enough ( I read the average cost begins at 10,000!) so if you can find the perfect dress and save why not?
Another idea that a friend of mine had was to purchase her dress at full price (1,000) and later sold it on ebay for 500, so really that works out at half price! If your looking for yours now all the best and check out Oxfam :)

Model I ain't but the dress was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment